SHIRT/COATS/JACKETS1. CHEST: Measure well up under arms, across shoulder blades and over fullest part of chest. Hold tape firmly, but not tightly. Be sure tape is level and straight across back. Stand naturally.
2. NECK: Measure around neck where a buttoned shirt would fit. Be sure tape is neither tight enough to choke nor loose enough to sag.
3. UPPER ARM: Measure dominant arm. muscle flexed, at fullest point.
4. FOREARM: Measure dominant arm approximately 2" below elbow.
5. LENGTH: a.) Shirt & Hip Length Coats/Jackets: Measure front from top of shoulder (highest point of shoulder next to collar) close to neck down to bottom of trouser fly.
b.) Waist Length Coats/Jackets: Measure front from top of shoulder (highest point of shoulder next to collar) close to neck down to bottom of duty belt.
6. SLEEVE: Measure from middle of back of neck at point (6) across the shoulder and around point of bent elbow to wristbone at point (6a).